- The Arts
Add NewsIf you are a user of the Pump House Theatre & Arts Centre and have relevant news for our news feed you can add it here. Submissions here will generally be reviewed and added on a next day basis. The Pump House Theatre & Arts Centre retains editorial control and has the right to edit or reject any submission. The email address will only be used if we need to contact you about your submission - it will not be posted on any website or in the news feed.
News PolicyAt present we have a single news feed and we since it is a new feature we wish to make sure it is well balanced and reflects all aspects of the Arts Centre. Over time we may add other feeds and change the submissions policy. For now:
- News items are reviewed and edited before submission (this is mainly to protect ourselves from pranksters publishing defamatory, offensive or objectionable material)
- Items about resident groups, events, and/or performances that are of interest to the public will be posted.
- Reasons for rejection
- not public interest - the item is not of interest to the public, so notes, reviews etc about performances are and would be accepted. Notices of committee meetings are likely to be rejected (although the notice of an AGM will probably go through)
- editorial balance - if one group is submitting 5 news items a day it is likely that some will be rejected in order to keep the feed overall a reflection of the centre as a whole. If this happens we'll definitely look at adding new feeds which have different objectives in the editorial balance.
- timing - out of date items will be rejected, similarly posts that only become relevant in the long term future are likely to be rejected (although they can be resubmitted later). In many cases the news can be reworded to make it current. For example, a write up of a play that doesn't start for 3 months might be rejected, but if it was changed to Box Office opens for . . . . it would become current and could be accepted.
- decency - basic decency, offensiveness etc. This is almost certainly never going to apply to a submission from a general user.
What news do we wantAny news in accordance with the policy above is acceptable, but to give you some ideas here's things that are likely to be of interest:
- Potted reviews - particularly of events that are running for more than one night, although reviews of one-night events (like band nights) would get posted.
- Volunteering information - news about what's happening and what volunteer support is currently needed
- News about upcoming productions - announcements of play bookings (eg we would announce today that the play in 6 months time had been booked in and confirmed)
- Box Office news - particularly about productions/performances that are selling out - we want to look good!
- Brief news about members where this is relevant in an arts context eg winning awards for acting, singing, television / radio appearances etc.
By the way, the news feed can be incorporated on any website and we want to encourage this so if we're successful your news could be on sites other than the Pump House! Similarly if you would like our news feed on your site we have instructions for you here
[comment] [print version]
(c) all material copyright of the original artists. updated: 12 Mar 2011 16:43:21