Drama and music groups, classes and workshops coming soon at the Pump House…
'Musical Herts is a community music therapy project supporting people diagnosed with dementia and their carers. This group has been running for 3 years now and provides a creative outlet that maintains and improves people's physical, mental and emotional well-being. Activities include : improvising on a wide range of instruments, singing familiar songs and dancing.People also have the opportunity to socialise with others in the group and make friends.
Light refreshments are provided.
Session price suggested voluntary donation £5 carers FREE
The group meets on the 2nd & 4th Tuesday of every month from 10:00 - 11:30 am. (please check diary as dates are sometime changed)
Please note, this group is not a drop-in. Access is by referral only (including self-referrals) so please call us to find out more.
Call: 07521 248091 email- firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the website www.music24.org..uk
Light refreshments are provided. Suggested voluntary contribution is £5 pp, carers go free !
For more information call Teela on 07521 248091 or visit www.musicalherts.org.uk
The Actor's Cafe presents:
THE ACTOR'S CAFE
Expert Acting Tuition For Novice To Advanced Actors
FREE ACTING CLASS OFFER
APPLY - visit actorscafe.co.uk and click the Free Workshop Tab
FOUNDATION & ADVANCED COURSES
- Concise acting technique with an expert Actor-Tutor
- Build your screen showreel as part of your training
- Meet professional creatives and industry guests
- Cast for Spotlight credited stage and film productions
- CAMILLA ARTHUR CASTING "A massive 'hats off' to you and your team - and thank you. I am blown away with your teaching and your approach and just your generosity of spirit. I loved it."
- ALEX SCANLAN. CAM ACTOR'S AGENCY "Having visited the Actor's Cafe on three separate occasions now, I can really see the great work it produces."
- CARL PROCTOR. CASTING DIRECTOR "Everyone seemed to get a lot out of it. A nice group who seem to benefit hugely from you courses."
- PAUL GIDDINGS. BBC TV DIRECTOR "Thanks for having us at The Actors Cafe and for creating such a relaxed, positive and supportive environment."
Apply at actorscafe.co.uk and click the Free Workshop tab
Watford Speech and Drama Festival 2020.
Children from nursery age to year 13 perform poetry, prose reading, acting and mime, from 4:30pm on weekdays, all day at weekends. Also Group performances and Finale at Watersmeet, Rickmansworth.
Box Office: http://www.watfordfestival.co.uk
Monday 2nd March - Sunday 15th March 2020 runs from 9:30am - 8:30pm at weekends, and from 4pm till 10pm on weekdays.
Pump House CYT presents:
A one act play, part of the National Theatre Connections programme.
Fifty years on from the partial decriminalisation of homosexuality in England, Chris Thompson wanted to write a play about the struggles and the joy of being gay. In a remote part of the UK, where nothing ever happens, a group of teenagers share a safe house for LGBT+ young people. While their shared home welcomes difference, it can be tricky for self-appointed group leader Birdie to keep the peace.
The group must decide how they want to commemorate an attack that happened to people like them in a country far away. How do you take to the streets and protest if you’re not ready to tell the world who you are? If you’re invisible, does your voice still count? A play about love, commemoration and protest.